Critical Pedagogy for Music Education developed by Frank Abrahams
- The purpose of music education is to empower students to be musicians.
- Empowerment causes a transformation in both student and teacher.
- The making of music is a liberating experience.
- A comprehensive music education meets National Standards.
- A musical education enables students and their teachers to connect word to world.
- Music learning occurs when students and their teachers understand the making of meaning.
- Musical understanding occurs during the process of transformation.